Even if you take a lot of care of your skin while going out in the sun, still there’s a possibility that you might get sunburned. The reason can be that you might forget applying sunscreen lotion while out in the sun, or getting into the water.
For whatever reason sunburn occurs, it can be very painful and horrible experience having a sunburn. If the sunburn is serious, you may need to go to the emergency room.
So, don’t let that serious situation come. Below are the things that you need to take care;
- One of the main things you can do is to treat the sunburned area instantly by putting cool water or some ice on the area that is burned. This will help reduce the real temperature of the skin and it is going to promptly prevent the skin from blistering up.
- If the pain is extreme, it is suggested to take an OTC treatment that has an anti-inflammatory agent in it. This will ease the pain and help to avoid any kind of swelling or aggravation that may accompany the sunburn. Dr.Numb®, a topical numbing cream, is best suggested by dermatologists for this kind of condition to ease your skin.
- Everybody realizes that once the skin starts to heal, there is an extreme itching that originates from the dryness that is caused from the sunburn. This can be facilitated by putting on some cream or moisturizer that contains aluminum acetate. Dr.Numb® can be applied here to get rid of itching. Try not to use any harsh cleanser on your skin where the sunburn is because this is just to make the sunburn worse and drying.
- A good natural ingredient that will help removing the itch and pain is oatmeal. It has an extremely soothing impact on the skin. Plain yogurt is another natural product you can use to lessen the pain of your sunburn.
- It is really important that during the sunburn, you need to keep your skin moist. It may be a good idea to use lotions consist of palm oil as well as Shea butter as they add some extra emollients.
By following the above given things, one can take care of sunburned skin in the best way. For queries or suggestions, do share your views with us in the comments section given below!