After waxing eyebrows, the wrong products can irritate the skin, cause breakouts, or even damage it. Some products to avoid are harsh chemicals, scrubs, self-tanners, and retinoids. Certain products may clog your pores, leading to the formation of pimples and acne.
You can apply aloe vera gel after waxing to minimize redness and irritation. Wear a hat or umbrella to protect your brows from the sun. The first 24 hours following treatment should be spent without makeup.
This blog post will explain best practices for waxing eyebrows, things to consider when choosing products, and tips for aftercare after eyebrow waxing.
What To Put On After Waxing Eyebrows: Best Practices
Waxing eyebrows is an essential grooming routine for many individuals. However, following proper after-care training ensures skin stays healthy and irritation-free. Here are some steps to keep your skin nourished, calm, and healthy after waxing your eyebrows.
Soothe Your Skin with Soothing Agents
After waxing, your skin may feel sensitive, red, or inflamed. To ease these symptoms, it is essential to use soothing agents that help cool your skin. Listed below are some soothing agents to use after waxing eyebrows:
- Aloe vera gel: This is the perfect cooling and healing agent after waxing. It helps reduce redness and inflammation and promotes healing while keeping your skin hydrated.
- Chamomile oil: Chamomile oil is excellent for soothing irritated skin. With anti-inflammatory properties, it helps reduce redness, swelling, and discomfort and promote healing.
- Green tea extract: Antioxidants in green tea extract help reduce inflammation and irritation. It also soothes the skin and keeps it hydrated.
Moisturize Your Skin
Moisturizing your skin after waxing is crucial to keep it hydrated, smooth, and soft. These are some great moisturizers to use after waxing eyebrows:
- Light moisturizers: Choose a lightweight moisturizer that does not clog your pores and suits your skin type. Hydrate your skin using a product containing hyaluronic acid, glycerin, or ceramide to keep your skin hydrated.
- Non-comedogenic moisturizers: Non-comedogenic moisturizers do not clog your pores. They are perfect for sensitive skin prone to breakouts. Look for a jojoba or argan oil product to nourish your skin.
Use Anti-Inflammatory Agents to Calm Your Skin
Anti-inflammatory agents can be beneficial in reducing inflammation and redness after waxing. Here are some of the best anti-inflammatory products to use following eyebrow waxing:
- Witch hazel: An effective astringent, witch hazel helps soothe irritated skin after waxing. It also reduces inflammation and minimizes the appearance of pores.
- Tea tree oil: It's a potent anti-inflammatory agent that helps reduce redness, swelling, and irritation. It also helps prevent infections and promotes healing.
- Calendula oil: Calendula oil is an excellent anti-inflammatory agent that calms and soothes irritated skin. It promotes healing, minimizes redness, and reduces discomfort.
3 Factors To Consider When Selecting Products To Put On After Waxing Eyebrows
After waxing your eyebrows, taking care of the delicate skin in the area is essential. However, knowing what to choose is overwhelming with so many products on the market. Here are some considerations when selecting products for your eyebrows.
One of the most important factors to consider is your skin type. The products you use should be tailored to your specific needs.
- Oily Skin: Look for lightweight products without clogging pores or leaving an oily residue. Gel-based products are often a good choice for oily skin.
- Dry Skin: You'll want to look for products that provide hydration and nourishment. Cream-based products can offer the moisture your skin needs.
- Sensitive Skin: Sensitive Skin should be treated using gentle products free of harsh ingredients. Select products marked as "fragrance-free" and "hypoallergenic."
If you have known allergies or sensitivities to certain ingredients, it's essential to read the labels of the products you're considering, ensuring they don't contain any problematic substances.
- Allergic Reactions: Some people may be allergic to certain ingredients found in beauty products, such as fragrances, preservatives, or dyes. If you have a known allergy, be sure to avoid products that contain those ingredients.
- Irritation: Even if you're not allergic to an ingredient, it's possible that it could still irritate. You must be cautious when trying new products if you have sensitive skin.
Product Texture and Consistency
The texture and consistency of the product you choose can also affect its effectiveness.
- Light vs. Heavy Products: If you want a product that will absorb quickly and not leave a heavy feeling on your skin, go for something lightweight. But a more serious product might be better if you need extra moisturization or protection.
- Gels vs. Creams: Gels are typically lighter and more quickly absorbed than creams. However, creams can provide more moisturization and are often better for dry skin.
8 Aftercare Tips For Eyebrow Waxing
Waxing of the eyebrows involves using a hot wax to remove the hair. While this process is effective, it can also result in some discomfort and redness. Therefore, taking proper care of your skin after eyebrow waxing is essential. Here are some aftercare tips for eyebrow waxing to ensure smooth, healthy skin:
- After treatment, avoid applying eye makeup or using an exfoliator around your brow area.
- When your skin is sensitive, avoid touching your newly waxed brows - the oil from your fingertips may cause spots.
- Avoid swimming pools, saunas, and steam rooms the day of your treatment, just like you would if waxing your bikini line.
- If you're in between treatments, don't change your eyebrow shape. Keep stray hairs away from your arch, and tweeze stray hairs on the edges of your brows.
- Brush your brows up and out with a spoolie. Before you fill in gaps, gently comb your brows to see where you might need to draw in pencil/pomade marks.
- It is ideal for filling in gaps, adding texture, and creating the illusion of fuller brows if you need an extra boost. It is available in three colors, so a shade suits everyone.
- After you've shaped your eyebrows, set them with the gel on the other end. It ensures that each hair stays in place all day and stimulates growth.
- Instead of tweezing, trim your brows to maintain a neater shape if they grow quickly.
If you have waxed your eyebrows, moisturize afterward to prevent unwanted irritation or inflammation. An excellent waxing product can make a difference in the aftermath of a waxing session. With the help of soothing agents like aloe vera gel and moisturizers like a non-comedogenic lotion, the skin can be kept smooth and hydrated.
Anti-inflammatory agents like tea tree oil and witch hazel can also help to ease any redness or irritation. Finally, make sure that you consider your skin type, ingredients, sensitivities, texture, and consistency before choosing products.