Piercings have become a symbol of individuality and fashion, with trends constantly evolving. Discover the latest styles and showcase your unique flair, from earrings to nose piercings. Stay in the loop with the ever-changing world of piercings.
Conch and helix piercings are gaining popularity. Conch piercing adorns the ear's internal or external part, while helix piercing decorates the outer cartilage ridge. Choose from a single stud/hoop or multiple for a dramatic look.
In this blog post, we will be discussing the top 6 most popular piercings. We will delve into the history, significance, symbolism, and variations to give you an idea of what to expect if you opt for any of them.
What is the Most Trendy Piercing: Top 6
While trends come and go, some piercings have stood the test of time and gained a loyal following among tattooed veterans and piercing novices. Here are today's top 5 trendy piercings, including their descriptions, variations, and meanings.
The conch piercing is named after the shell of the same name. It involves piercing the inner body of the ear. Here are some variations of conch piercing:
- Inner conch: A single piercing is made in the center of the ear's conch.
- Outer conch: The cartilage at the ear's outer rim is pierced.
- Double conch: Two piercings are made in the conch.
The conch piercing is thought to symbolize courage and power.
The industrial piercing first gained popularity in the 1990s among the punk rock crowd. It consists of two separate piercings connected by a single piece of jewelry. Here are some variations of industrial piercing:
- Standard: Two holes are pierced in the ear's upper cartilage and connected with a long straight barbell.
- Orbital: Two piercings are done close to each other in the cartilage and connected with a circular barbell.
- Scaffold: Two holes are made in the outer cartilage, and a barbell is inserted horizontally through both.
Industrial piercing represents strength and durability, making it a popular choice for individuals in challenging or physically demanding careers.
The daith piercing is in the innermost cartilage fold above the ear canal. It became popular due to claims that it can help alleviate migraines and anxiety. These claims have not been scientifically proven. Some variations of daith piercing include:
- Faux daith: A stud or hoop is placed in the lower part of the ear's cartilage.
- Triple daith: Three piercings are done in the daith area, sometimes with connecting jewelry.
The daith piercing is believed to symbolize inner strength and spirituality.
The helix is a popular type of ear piercing. It involves piercing the upper outer cartilage of the ear. Here are some variations of helix piercing:
- Forward helix: The piercing is made in the front of the ear's cartilage.
- Double helix: The cartilage is pierced twice.
- The triple helix: Three piercings are made in the cartilage.
The helix piercing is believed to symbolize independence and self-expression.
Nipple piercings have recently gained popularity but have been around for centuries. Here are some variations of nipple piercing:
- Horizontal: The piercing goes through the base of the nipple.
- Vertical: The piercing is made vertically through the nipple.
- Multiple: Multiple piercings are made in one or both nipples.
Nipple piercings are said to represent sensuality and confidence.
Tragus piercing is another increasingly popular type of piercing. Here is some information about this unique piercing:
- Tragus piercing is located on the small cartilage flap covering the ear canal.
- Tragus piercing gained popularity in the 1990s and has become a widespread body art trend.
- The healing process of Tragus piercing can take up to a year, and inhibiting habits like constantly touching or sleeping on the piercing can aggravate the healing period.
Various Tragus Piercings
Tragus piercings can be customized using a variety of jewelry and techniques. Here are some trendy variations of tragus piercing:
- Double tragus piercing involves piercing two holes in the tragus, creating a double barbell look.
- Dermal tragus piercing involves embedding a piece of jewelry into the skin next to the tragus.
- Constellation tragus piercing involves creating a star shape using multiple piercings.
The Most Trendy Piercing: 5 Major Factors
Staying up-to-date with the most fashionable and popular piercing choices requires some research. We will discuss the factors that make a piercing trendy celebrity influence, social media trends and hashtags, availability of piercing shops and jewelry options, cultural acceptance and norms, and healing time and aftercare requirements.
- Celebrities play a significant role in determining the popularity of a particular piercing. They have access to the latest styles and trends in the fashion industry and often set new trends.
- When Beyoncé got a daith piercing, it quickly became a popular trend among her fans and the general public.
- Other famous figures like Rihanna, Kylie Jenner, and Justin Bieber have also influenced the popularity of body piercings.
Social Media Trends and Hashtags
- Social media has become a crucial platform for people to share their latest fashion trends and styles, including piercings.
- Platforms like Instagram and TikTok are loaded with piercing inspiration, from minimalist piercings to more outlandish ones.
- Using hashtags like #piercings, #bodyjewelry, and #earcandy has made it easier to discover new piercing trends and connect with hitting enthusiasts worldwide.
Piercing Shops and Jewelry Options
- The availability of piercing shops and their options also make a particular piercing trendy.
- With the rise of body piercing, more piercing studios and jewelry shops have opened up, offering various shooting options.
- The availability of different types of jewelry, from hoops to studs, allows people to customize their piercings to fit their unique style and personality.
Cultural Acceptance and Norms
- Cultural acceptance and norms also play a significant role in influencing the popularity of piercings.
- Ear piercing is considered a norm in Western culture, while nose and lip piercings may be more accepted in other cultures.
- Accepting piercings also depends on the individual's social group and profession.
Healing Time and Aftercare Requirements
- The length of the healing process and aftercare requirements can also influence the popularity of piercings.
- Piercings that take a shorter time to heal and require minimal aftercare are more likely to be trendy.
- Earlobe piercing can take as little as six weeks to heal, making it a popular choice among those who want a quick and easy piercing.
The most trendy piercing of the year is undoubtedly the industrial piercing. This bold and edgy piercing has gained popularity over the years, with many celebrities and influencers showing unique variations. While there are other popular piercings, such as the daith and the conch, the industrial piercing reigns supreme.
Social media trends, celebrity influence, and the wide range of jewelry choices contributed to industrial piercing's popularity. It's essential to consider the healing time and aftercare requirements before getting any piercing.
Overall, body piercing has become an essential part of modern-day society. It is a form of self-expression, creativity, and individuality. Whether you choose an industrial piercing or a different option, research and select a piercing that reflects your unique style and personality.