Tattooing is a big fad lately, so much so that it’s no more linked just to the pop culture. While tattooing is fun, it is equally (at times even more) painful. People who claim they did not feel any pain while getting tattooed are either lying or are outright superhuman. Since the procedure involves needling, tattooing is meant to hurt; though the severity of the pain can depend on various factors. This however does not mean that you shouldn’t get tattooed just because of the fear of pain. Anesthetic creams or numbing creams can make this process easy for you.
Numbing cream is the best option to relive some pain associated with tattooing, injections or even hair removal. One of the most commonly used and better known numbing cream brands is Dr. Numb® – it’s effective, mild and Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved.
Generally, numbing crease are available in two forms – as cream, which can be applied to the skin before tattooing or needling, and as a gel or spray, which is applied or sprayed onto the broken skin post procedure.
Dr. Numb® is basically a topical anesthetic cream, which features highest permissible Lidocaine content. The cream, meant to be applied on the skin before the tattooing process, is approved by Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and enjoys a good reputation for being the most effective numbing cream out there.
Dr. Numb® cream is available over the counter in a 30g tube. The topical lidocaine cream comprises 5 percent active agent Lidocaine and non-medical rapid acting base, which is present at 7.22 percent.
Additionally, Dr. Numb® numbing cream is water based non-oily lidocain cream that is manufactured in cGMP licensed laboratory. Dr. Numb® - a guaranteed, safe lidocaine formula is the only registered numbing cream in the North America and is available worldwide.
Dr. Numb® formula works by obstructing the nerve conduction in the area where the cream is applied, this leads to temporary loss of sensation, so you feeling nothing when the needles are being punctured into the body.
The correct way to apply numbing cream
Applying numbing cream on the area you want to anesthetized is nothing different that applying any ordinary cream. But there are certain things that you must do right before you apply Dr. Numb® cream.
- Wash the area to be numbed thoroughly with soap and water and pat dry
- Now wearing surgical gloves, apply a generous layer of numbing cream using a good part of your hand
- Now cover the creamed area with a cling wrap or cling film for about 45 minutes to one hour
- Do not leave the cream applied for more than an hour
- Before applying the stencil, ensure the tattoo artist has wiped the cream off using a damp cloth.
How would you feel after applying a numbing cream?
- You shall feel cold and numb in the area that you have applied the numbing cream on
- During the tattooing or hair removal process, you should feel almost negligible pain for the first hour or so at least
- The effect of the numbing cream is not endless – it would gradually begin to reduce after a couple of hours post application.