Whenever it comes to minor surgeries, people either opt for anesthetic injections or numbing cream. But, which among them is a better option? Read more to know more.
Whether you are a tough guy or a delicate baby, the fear of needles is common. Everybody detest going to the doctor fearing a needle shot even for normal checkups. The same applies with minor surgeries that are accomplished for various purposes like removing warts, moles, etc. using those pricking needles.
Why is Needle Pricking Painful?
A needle when pierced in our body stimulates nerve endings, which send a signal to the brain causing sensation of pain. And this makes us feel pain.
Usually, minor surgeries are done with anesthetics injections because this surgery induces pain in person undergoing the procedure. The procedure of applying anesthetics includes an injection shot on the affected part to have the procedure with, to provide numbness.
However, today yet another way of making the body area numb before undergoing any minor surgery is by applying topical numbing creams simply. With numbing creams, you need not to have a needle shot to bear any other needle pain. Numbing creams are rampantly recommended and used today.
Numbing Creams over Anesthetic Injections
Undoubtedly, numbing creams are far better and comfortable than those painful anesthetic injections. Numbing creams work really well and can eliminate the pain caused by needle pricks making a procedure almost painless.
Numbing creams block the nerve signal before they reaches the brain. They do so by blocking the sodium from accessing the nerve ending.
Why use Numbing Creams for Minor Surgeries?
Minor surgeries are mostly conducted in an out-patient ward. The patients are sent home immediately after the procedure. There is no need to stay for more days in the hospital for recovery. As such, numbing creams are a perfect solution for this type of procedure. The effect of topical numbing creams will wear off within 3-4 hours just enough for the procedure to be done.
Numbing creams generally contains Lidocaine that has been used for decades as a safe anesthetic in medical and dental offices. Presence of Lidocaine in these creams in its purest form is what makes them so effective in numbing the skin area.
These numbing creams are very powerful that you will not be able to feel the pain during the procedure plus the application will not be that painful and penetrating. Numbing creams that contain 5% Lidocaine, or 5 % prilocaine, or 3% benzocaine are considered to be the most successful worldwide.
Using numbing creams against painful procedures like minor surgeries that have to do with needles has several benefits:
- Numbing creams like Dr. Numb® are effective for almost 4 hours, which make any minor surgery or needle process painless.
- Numbing Creams can be used in all kinds of needle shots and medical injections.
- Numbing Creams like Dr. Numb® is completely safe and has no side effects.
- People with a very low threshold of pain must consider using Numbing creams to win over their fear of needles.
- Children with chronic medical ailments like diabetes, where insulin shots are given, can be made comfortable and at peace by using Numbing creams.
- You just need to apply these creams an hour before undergoing the painful procedure and you’ll be left with numbness for about 4-5 hours.
- Numbing creams can be obtained online and over the counter, i.e. you can get them from medical store without any medical prescription.
- There are numerous options of numbing creams available in the market, so you can select the one you find the best.
Because of the myriads of benefits, numbing creams are a better option than anesthetic injections – painless, effective and safe.