Sunburns are painful. Aren’t they? But don’t worry; here are some quick and easy solutions. Let’s explore.
Whether you are going out for a beach party or just on a long walk in the sun, you need to know that UV exposure can cause damage to your skin. Yes, it can take you to early aging and also trigger skin cancer. Though you might be taking all the necessary steps to prevent sunrays coming closer, yet your best efforts to protect your skin can fail. And then you are left with the painful sunburn which brings along different symptoms itching, swelling, and so on.
Not anymore you need to worry about them. You can try these simple solutions at home;
Compressing is useful:
After a burn, your skin usually gets inflamed. But you can quick relief with compresses dipped in any of these;
- Cold water: You can either use plain water or add a few ice cubes to it. Simply dip a cloth into the liquid, squeeze it and lay it over the burn. You can repeat it after every few minutes and can do it several times a day.
- Aluminum acetate: In case, you are dealing with intense itching, aluminum acetate in the powder form can be used. It keeps your skin from getting too dry or itchy.
If still it itches, burns or pains a lot, you can try Dr.Numb®. A simple, effective and efficient solution to several dermal problems, this 5% lidocaine based cream helps making your skin feel numb. Thus, you can work normally.
Apply some foods:
There is a lot you can take from your kitchen. Check out them here;
- Cornstarch: With this you need to make a paste adding water to cornstarch and apply directly to the sunburn. It works well!
- Yogurt: Don’t want to make much trouble? Simply, apply yogurt to all sunburned areas. Keep it for some time and then rinse off in a cool shower.
- Oatmeal: Just wrap dry oatmeal in cheesecloth, run cool water through and then discard the oatmeal. Now soak compress in the liquid. You can apply it after every 2 to 4 hours.
- Fat-free milk: Fetch 1 cup fat-free milk from your refrigerator and mix it with 4 cups of water. Add a few ice cubes and apply compresses for 15 to 20 minutes. Repeat whenever you need it.
Some essential rules to follow;
Besides, the above mentioned solutions there are few things to remember always. Here you go;
- Make sure you select a sunscreen with an SPF between 15 and 30. Don’t forget to check for the ingredients like zinc oxide, titanium dioxide, or avobenzone
- Always apply a sunscreen about 30 minutes before stepping out.
- Don’t forget sunscreen, even if it's overcast as harmful rays can penetrate cloud cover.
- Remember your lips too; apply a lip balm with SPF.
Recommended by experts to quell the discomfort, the afore-stated tips will help you fight sunburns. In case, the problems seem to get severe, you must consult your doctor soon!