Tired of watching saggy skin in the mirror? The dropping skin in your 30’s makes you look like someone’s in 50’s and this feeling is stressful and disappointing at the same time. However, it is a true fact that with aging, skin loses its elasticity and collagen which results in the drooping skin. Besides aging, there are many other causes of saggy skin: alcohol consumption, dehydration, weight loss, obesity, pregnancy and poor diet. Although saggy skin is not harmful to your health, it definitely affects one’s self-esteem.
You might have imagined quite a lot getting your saggy skin tightened but the expensive surgeries and cosmetics leave your dream unfulfilled. Fortunately, you can bring back the elasticity and radiant glow of your skin by giving some home remedies a try. Neither they are expensive nor are they painful. They are only effective.
So, before restoring to expensive surgeries and cosmetics, try it to fix at your home. Just go to your kitchen and grab the remedies mentioned in the article. The article lists few efficient home remedies for sagging skin.
High level of Vitamin E is present in the mustard oil. Vitamin E is the perfect remedy for aging skin and wrinkles. It effectively tightens the skin and brings back the glow of the skin. When a massage is given by applying mustard oil on the skin, it gets rejuvenated because of enhancement in blood circulation. It is advised to perform a patch test before going ahead with this remedy as mustard oil can sometimes cause skin inflammation.
- Grab a bowl and put ½ cup mustard oil in it.
- Heat the oil and keep on heating it till it becomes lukewarm.
- You can massage your entire body with the oil before going to shower.
- Massage for 5 minutes in an upward
- Then take a regular shower bath.
- Repeat this remedy two to three times in a week for effective results.
Cucumber, the coolest fruit of the melon family has magical properties that can do wonders for your skin. It is one of the best natural skin toners having a refreshing and rejuvenating effect on the skin. The flesh of a cucumber is rich in minerals like potassium and manganese which are powerful against the dark circles and reduce the signs of sagging like saggy skin, wrinkles, fine lines and dull skin. Cucumber not only tightens the skin but also exfoliates and nourishes it.
- Grind half a cucumber and squeeze it to extract its juice.
- Apply this extracted juice on your face.
- Let it remain there until it dries.
- Rinse it off with cool water.
- Follow this remedy once daily to achieve the desired results.
- You can also make a face mask by mixing two tablespoons of fresh cucumber juice, one egg white and three to five drops of vitamin E oil.
- Apply this mask to your face and neck.
- Leave it on for 15 minutes and then wash it off with cool water.
- Use this mask once a week.
When it comes to tightening the loose skin, Aloe Vera bags the first position amongst all the home remedies. There resides malic acid in Aloe Vera gel which helps to boost the elasticity of your skin, thereby getting rid of the saggy skin. Moreover, Aloe Vera also contains a variety of phytochemicals that make sure your skin remains in the best health. Aloe Vera helps to soothe the skin, nourishes it and protects it from photo-damage and aging. The bonus is that you can use it as a perfect moisturizer too.
- Cut open the aloe vera leaf.
- Extract the gel present in the leaf.
- Apply the extracted gel on to the affected area.
- Let it remain there for 20 minutes until it dries completely.
- Rinse it with water.
- Repeat the remedy once every day to get effective results.
Banana is rich in potassium, magnesium, zinc, iron and vitamins A, B, C, and D. Kudos to so many ingredients of banana that makes it an effective remedy for the treatment of saggy skin. Use ripe bananas and mash it completely and then use it for skin tightening. The minerals and vitamins present in banana have anti-aging properties which apart from tightening the skin, also smoothens and moisturizes it.
- Take a ripe banana and mash it completely.
- Mix it with few drops of lemon juice.
- Apply this all over your face and neck.
- Let it remain there for at least 15 minutes.
- Wash it off with water.
- Use this pack remedy twice a week for the best and effective results.