Do you know the right amount of numbing cream to be used for your tattoos and piercing? If not, read here to know how much numbing cream you must use for your tattoos, piercing and Botox.
Call it local anesthetic or lidocaine cream, you love to have numbing cream before every piercing and tattoos. Numbing cream, as the name suggests, numb your skin’s nerve endings so that you don’t feel the pain while having tattoos or piercing. Plus, you can get numbing cream over the counter without any prescription.
Numbing creams are easy to use - wash your skin and apply numbing cream one hour prior to your piercing and tattooing. This is the most common method to use the numbing cream regardless of any brand.
But have you ever considered the amount of numbing cream? Do you know how much cream you must use for tattoos? What is the right amount for piercing? How much it will take for waxing?
Applying less cream will not cover the body part and remain inefficient to provide long lasting numbing effect. On the other hand, applying it in excessive amount will not help either as it may not be absorbed by your skin, leading to various side effects.
So, these are the questions you must consider while applying numbing cream for any of these purposes. Here, we discuss how much quantity will be appropriate and safe for tattooing, piercing and waxing.
- One 10g tube will be enough for an ankle or wrist type tattoo
- One 30g tube for the tattoo of the size of your palm
- Two 30 g tube for larger parts like shoulder, lower leg calf and upper arm
- Three 30 g tubes for full upper arm and full lower leg
- One 10g Tube for ear, lip or belly button
- One 30g Tube for more wide area piercings
For Waxing and Laser:
- One 10g Tube for bikini line and eyebrow pluck
- One 30g Tube for Brazilian waxing of lower legs below knee
- Two 30g tubes for entire leg area
For Botox and Cosmetics:
- One 30g Tube for lips and permanent makeup
Injections and Vaccinations:
- One 10g Tube for 3-5 needle injection site numbing
- One 30g Tube for 7-10 needle injection site numbing
So, these are the ideal amount of numbing cream application. But if you have large numbing cream tube, you should not worry over the exact amount as given here. It can be slightly less or more on the basis of your estimation.