Getting a tattoo on the ribs is the most painful experience. Using an effective numbing cream therefore becomes imperative.
Your ribs are probably the most painful regions for getting a tattoo. Many artists will therefore use a numbing cream before making you sit through the tattooing procedure.
How To Use A Numbing Cream For Tattooing The Ribs?
The first thing you must know is that, if tattooing the ribs is going to take anywhere longer than one hour, you will have to get the tattoo done in 2-3 sittings.
We advice this because numbing creams can only be effective against the pain for an hour or a half more, after which the pangs of pain will once again set foot.
To prepare the skin for numbing, here’s the steps you should follow –
- Wash the skin above the ribs thoroughly with a cleanser. Rinse with water and pat it dry.
- Rub a good quantity of the cream on the skin.
- The thickness of the cream should be around 1mm at least.
- Cover the ribs area with a cling wrap for at least 45 minutes to let the numbing effect set in fast.
- Once the numbing has set, wipe the skin with a damp cloth and make sure no traces of the cream are left behind for they will interfere with the tattooing procedure.
Dr. Numb® For Tattoos on the Ribs
Dr. numb® is a lidocaine based numbing cream which is very effective for numbing the ribs areas and yet it will not cause any harm. It is made up of all natural ingredients, with sulphur as the main ingredient.
The numbing effect sets in quickly and will last for more than one and a half hour. In case the tattooing session will last longer than this, divide it into 2 or more sittings.