Eyebrow threading is no new today. It has been practiced to enhance women’s beauty since years. And now, even men have started undergoing this process. Let’s learn more about threading and the associated pain.
What is “Eyebrow Threading?
Eyebrow threading is an old hair-removal technique. It is the best alternative to waxing, especially for sensitive skin. Threading does not remove a layer of skin unlike waxing. As such, there are no chances of any damage to the skin. By far the least aggressive method of facial hair removal, threading creates a graceful brow with well-defined edges that frame the eyes. What makes threading unique from other hair removal methods is its quality of precision.
While plucking and waxing can often leave undesirable stray hair on your face, threading gives your eyebrows a clean, clear and defined shape.
To accomplish the process, the threading expert takes a thin cotton thread and twists it into a double strand, which then is swept along the skin. With rhythmic –movements, the unwanted hairs are lifted from the follicle with precision with the help of the thread.
Although, for those who are customary to threading does not feel pain after a certain time. But, for the fresh customers, yes it is really a pain. Also, people with fewer thresholds cannot easily bear the threading pain because the thread tries to pull the hair from the follicles. It can cause skin irritation, discomfort and pain. If not done properly, cuts and skin are also possible.
How to rescue from the threading pain?
Both Threading and plucking are very painful. As such, a vast majority of women have started relying on the use of numbing creams as one of the most comfortable and efficient ways to remove hair without having to feel the pain.
Threading can be equally painful as tweezing. This has specially been observed in people having soft or sensitive skin who get seriously disturbed by the pain of threading. But, the application of numbing creams on skin before threading can make it less painful and boring. Out of the myriads of options, women find Dr. Numb® as the best.
How Dr. Numb® numbing Cream Work?
Dr. Numb® is a popular, safe and effective numbing cream that functions by numbing the surface of your skin such that you don’t feel any sensation on that particular part your body. Applying Dr. Numb® before threading will make you feel confident enough to undertake the procedure painlessly.
The Best Numbing Cream for Threading
Dr. Numb® is by far the best numbing cream known for its credibility and reputation. Highly recommended in the cosmetic world, Dr. Numb® comprises of top quality Lidocaine for numbness and Vitamin E for healing.
What Makes Dr. Numb® the Best?
- Dr. Numb® cream is particularly made for women who are concerned about the pain involved in hair removal procedures like threading or plucking.
- It comprises of the active ingredient Lidocaine, which numbs the skin such that you don’t feel any pain during and after threading due to its longer effect (about 3-4 hours).
- It makes the threading experience ouch less, convenient and safe.
Directions for use:
- Wash the area receiving threading with soap and water and tap it dry completely.
- Apply a good amount of Dr. Numb® to the area and rub into the skin.
- Place an additional layer of Dr. Numb® over the same area once the cream is completely absorbed.
- Cover the 2nd application of Dr. Numb® with plastic film such as Saran wrap. The plastic wrap prevents evaporative cooling and keeps the cream warm which activates its key ingredients.
- Leave the plastic wrap on the area until it is removed by the professional before the procedure by wiping off. A minimum of 60 minutes is recommended for its effectiveness. For better result, keeping the cream up to 2 hours is recommended.
- Don’t remove the plastic saran wrap until you feel the numbing effect. Once you feel the numbness, your skin is ready to undergo the process, painlessly.
Note: Talk to your dermatologist if you’ve a sensitive skin. Also, ask them the right amount of cream to be applied as an overdose of numbing cream can cause some ill-effects.