Here we have listed essential information about belly button or Belly button piercing you should know.
Did you know? 33% American women have belly button piercing a.k.a. Belly button piercing. It is one of the most popular body piercings in the USA. Belly button piercing is the stylish piercing and enhances your oomph factor, especially when worn with a crop top. As an added bonus, belly button piercing doesn’t hurt. However, it is highly prone to infections and the risk of being snuggled with the clothes.
If you are going to get the one for a very first time, you should be aware of the some things about belly button piercing. Here we have come up with essential info about types, cost, risk and aftercare.
Types of Belly Button Piercing
Belly button piercing has mainly three types determined by where it is placed on the navel.
- Upper Rim is done on the top of the navel ring.
- Lower Rim is done on the bottom of the navel ring.
- Sides piercing is done anywhere in between the upper and lower navel ring.
1. Belly Button Piercing Doesn’t Hurt
Belly button piercing is one of the least painful piercings. If pain still bothers you, use Dr. Numb numbing cream 45 minutes before the piercing. The numbing effect desensitizes the skin patch against pain or sensation.
2. Cost of Belly Button Piercing
If you have come up with your own belly button ring, the cost of piercing should not be more than $25-30.
4. The Risks with Belly Button Piercing:
Bacterial, dead skin cells, sweat and sebum—all of which are collected by the navel—can enter the pierced area. The piercing can be snuggled with clothing.
5. Choosing a Right Artist is Must:
Despite being a less painful piercing, Belly button piercing is the riskiest piercing next to the eye piercing. You are prone to infection and scarring if it goes wrong. Therefore, get it done from an experienced professional piercing artist.
6. Aftercare is Essential:
As we have told you that Belly button piercing is prone to swelling, redness, infection and other complication. Therefore, you should stick to a good aftercare plan for your belly button piercing.
- Clean your piercing with saline water
- Don’t touchthe jewelry every now and then
- Wash your hands before handling the Belly button piercing or the jewelry.
- Prefer loose clothes as tight clothes or their fabrics can snuggle with the jewelry while wearing or putting off the clothes.
- Don’t lie over your stomach while sleeping. Instead, try to sleep on your back.
- Check the signs of the infectionlike redness, increased pain, warm and discolored drainage.
7. What You Must Avoid?
- Avoid thick ointments as they can cut the air supply to the piercing area
- Avoidalcohol, hand sanitizer, perfume soap or peroxide to clean your Belly button piercing, as they are harsh and cause irritation.
- Avoid wearing heavy jewelry or barbells which can stretch the skin, leading to pain.
- Avoid swimming in pool, ocean and lake as chemicals or bacteria can affect your fresh belly button piercing. Avoid taking hot tub bath either.