When it comes to waxing pubic hair, it includes all sorts of things ranging from cleaning up the sides to getting rid of it completely. Whether you are doing it for the first time or you have already undergone a waxing session earlier, there is a lot you need to know.
Are you looking for some solution for those unwanted pubic hair?
Want a removal method which causes less pain and offer you longer lasting results?
Well, pubic hair is a matter of concern for both men and women. While some want to get rid of these for hygiene reasons, on the other hand there are many individuals who choose to remove unwanted body hair to enjoy their summer days on the beach. Whatever your reason is, you need a way out which leaves you with clean and hairless skin, right?
You can go for waxing. Being a very popular method of hair removal, it is very economical and efficient solution. However, to get the most from your waxing hair removal sessions, here is something you need to know.
Tips for Waxing Pubic Hair;
- If it is your first time, be sure to test a small area of skin. It will ensure you that there is no acute sensitivity or allergic reaction to pubic hair removal using waxing.
- Your hair should be at least 1/8 inch long. In case, you fine them shorter, wait until it reaches this length.
- Don’t go for showering just before your session as this will make your hair wet prior to waxing. In this case, you hair absorbs the water and make it soft and less likely to adhere well to the wax. Remember, tough hair is easier to pull off.
- However, you must wash the skin thoroughly and dry it well. This is important, but has to be done beforehand to remove any lotions or oils which prevent the wax from adhering closely to the skin.
- Make sure that the wax is heated carefully. If overheated, it might burn your skin when applying. You can check the consistency too. It should be soft rather than runny.
- Remember, a thin layer of wax has to be applied in the direction of the hair growth. And it has to be peeled back with a rapid movement close to the skin. Avoid pulling up or out.
- After the session, clean the skin with a warm moist towel. Carefully remove excess wax, in any.
- You must avoid wearing tight clothing over freshly waxed areas. This will minimize the risk of irritation and ingrown hairs. For 24-48 hour, don’t apply anything over the treated area. Later you can exfoliate the skin to prevent the dead skin from accumulating and causing hair to become ingrown.
Will it be painful?
This is the most frequently asked question asked when people plan for waxing. Well, the honest answer would be “YES” it is painful. However, waxing still remains the first choice when it comes to hair removal. In case, pain and discomfort is a main concern for you, you can use a pain reducing gel or cream available from pharmacists. You can go for Dr.Numb® or Numb Skin cream which comes with 5% lidocaine. Being FDA certified products these solutions are safe to be applied. Just after 45 minutes of application, these make your skin numb for next 3 to 4 hours. Hence, you can enjoy a painless waxing session now!