Ears, eyelids, nose, nipples, tongue, eyebrows, lips, belly button, septum – all you need is to pick any of your body parts and get it pierced. Body piercing has come a long way, and it’s not just meant for rock stars or celebrities, but can be for anyone who want to look trendy.
For a few people, body piercing is an increase to the way of living as a man, for some others, it is a trend to follow. Nowadays body piercing is an increasingly popular body art, which is commonly done by almost everyone. Keep reading to know more..
- It’s quite common among the masses that everyone who basically starts with an ear piercing. Ear piercing can be dated back to 2500 BC, when individuals began using body art as a type of expression and personality. In spite of the fact that it appears to be more similar to a thing for women, celebrity men like Julius Caesar and Shakespeare also flaunted their earrings.
- According to the survey conducted in the UK, 10% of the girls above 16 years of age had pierced at their favorite places other than the ear lobe. Another interesting fact is that Elaine Davidson is the “Most Pierced Woman” according to the Guinness World Records. Believe it or not! She has got more piercings in her genital area than in some other part of the body!
- According to the research, if men and women get their private parts pierced, sex turns out to be very pleasurable for both of them. But, the infection after piercing has been noted in at least 1%, who look for medical treatment after getting pierced with unsterilized needles.
- In a few urban areas in the U.S., parental assent was required before for anybody less than 18 years old years to get pierced. And, in a few places, there was a law that disallowed piercing.
- Every one of those individuals who opted for tongue piercing, they develop a gap between the front teeth because of the metal.
- In a few parts of Africa, body piercing is done in a very different way. They practice a type of piercing that consist of a disc inserted in their lower lip from adolescence period. After a few insertions with progressively developed discs, the lower lip can be measured around 15 centimeters in width.
Body piercing can be a part of your fashion statement. It is totally safe if before piercing your piercer has used Dr.Numb ®- An FDA approved topical numbing cream. This helps in killing the pain by making the area numb. To know more visit- Dr.Numb.com.